Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Massage--poetry book sneak peak :)



Ok, yall I'm wrapping up my first week back at work and I am tired!! I want to write but I really just want a massage so here's a sneak peak at a short but sweet poem to be featured in my upcoming book. Dedicated to all the tired hard working women who need some love rubbed into their backs!!



The Massage

I need someone to dig in and loose these knots
Burrow deep inside flesh and muscle
hard and soft
fast and slow
Send some fresh blood to break up
the tension and stiffness
Lay me out till I am a limp noodle
a body without bones and sharp edges
Pry me open
till I gush,
screaming a steamy river

I need someone to dig in and loose these knots
Pound a new rhythm into these tendons
pulse and vibrate
sound and silence
Awaken a beat to send me spinning
Lay flat the old patterns
till I am a sea of call and response
A song without breaks and blues
Stretch me open
Till I roar
Singing a sweet volcano




No comments:

Post a Comment