Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy New Year! Time to Go In!!

-->
Happy Winter Solstice Everyone!
All around the world this is recognized as a holy time of year. While some would seek to have us caught up in consumerism and the continuous equation of love with money, many understand the spiritual underpinnings of this time. This year in particular with the end of the Mayan calendar and a 5,125 year cycle coming to a close, has prompted talk of the apocalypse and meditations chanting OM around the globe.
I myself have been fasting, as I always do around the Winter Solstice. The Winter Solstice marks the darkest time of the year (“sol” means “sun” and “sistere” means to “stand still”) and the most extreme yin (feminine energy) part of the year. Around December 21st, the sun reaches it's maximum distance from the equator and stays at the same degree of declination for three days. It is a great time to fast, mediate and pray. I started my fast on Tuesday, though not intentional. I woke up and my body told me, “It’s time to cleanse now.” So I started with some lemon water and fruit for breakfast. Now, I have to confess, I did cheat because one of my loved beloved students offered me an organic brownie that day and it tasted great going down but half an hour later I felt nauseous so I’ve been steady on my fasting horse ever since then.  It is now day 5 and I feel great. Gradually, I’ve been cutting back what I’ve been eating, starting with fruit and one meal of brown rice and kale a day, up until yesterday when all I had were oranges and water. Monday will be the last day and it will be all water.
I gathered with some Goddesses last night and had a release ceremony where we burned those things when did not want to take with us into 2013 and spoke aloud what we intended to bring with us into the New Year. It was very powerful and I encourage everyone no matter what they celebrate to use this sacred time to release and clear that which you do not want and focus on what you do want. I could feel the presence of my ancestors last night during the ceremony and my crown chakra literally opening and buzzing. As we meditated, I understood why the ancients fasted and meditated. When I closed my eyes my mind was so clear, clear because my body was not caught up in trying to digest food. As a matter of fact last night, I did not even eat oranges but drank coconut water. Most of the time I do not feel hungry nor get headaches or anything.
I want to take this time to celebrate all the wonderful things that have happened for me in 2012:

1.     I gave birth to my first book, Goddess Pages: Honey, Full Moons and Daggers.
2.     I created my website: http://ladyshepsa.com/
3.     I performed more times this year than any other year in my life.
4.     I took an amazing class with an artist whose work I respect tremendously and fell in love with my craft again.
5.     I collaborated with many other artists and created wonderful work.
6.     I truly learned my value as a woman and let go a relationship that no longer served me while keeping the valuable lessons and love.
7.     I participated in NYFA’s Artist as Entrepreneur Boot Camp and learned great things about the business side of the arts.
8.     I began a women’s circle at my home called The Goddess Party and have had 3 amazing soul stirring gatherings.
9.     I experienced wonderful lovers who brought healing to me. (Have to share 2 examples, 1. Singing to the Goddess Oshun while inside me 2. Performing acupuncture and moxa on me prior to lovemaking. Yessssss!)
10. I taught my first workshop on Sacred Sexuality and designed an online course.
11. Enrolled my son in African Djembe drumming, Afrkan Scouts and Capoiera and experienced the joy of a child who loves his culture.

This coming year I have many plans including visiting Haiti and Jamaica, undergoing spiritual initiations, making a music video and finishing my novel. I am so thankful and grateful for 2012, it was an amazing year and has let me know that the possibilities we create for ourselves our endless. When I look back at where I was a year ago, stressed about money and a man I celebrate where I am right now. I have not had to worry about money in a year and have no man drama whatsoever! I am a thankful for the cleansings! The lessons we learn are even greater than the material things we receive. I encourage everyone to celebrate all that has gone right and stay both excited and focused on our bright paths in the future. Happy New Year! May it be orgasmic! Namaste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment